Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Repository

This blog is a repository for all my findings on current teen & pre-teen use of media & technology.

Just to get my bias out there - I plan to look with a sense of curiousity, not fear. While I'm not evangelical about new technologies, I'm defintiely not conversative either. I have a Facebook profile, an iPhone, and a long list of blogs I read daily thru an RSS feed. On the other hand, I'm a relatively new mom who is not anxious for her child to get started on texting, video games, social networking or anything else that involves a cell phone or computer!

As I discover new trends, applications, and resources, I will reference them here. I hope my discoveries will add up to something greater than just a list of new products and cautionary tales, and that positive models will present themselves that help me (and other parents) meet the challenge of raising our children in this brave new world.

cheers!