Friday, May 2, 2008

some ideas about how to use Twitter in the school setting

I like the way this teacher is thinking ... Twitter can help connect students & parents (a special interest of mine), students and other students, teachers and parents (or the greater school community) through short bursts of info.   Interesting application of an already popular technology.

One could also make excellent use of Twitter on a field trip, which of course makes me think of Into The Outside, based here in New York.   (Disclosure:  I am on the board, so it's my job to get the word out about this great organization!)   Students could be out in the field (together in one location or scattered on different trips) and report to each other on findings.   Hmm, maybe a curriculum-based scavenger hunt, with teams linked through Twitter?   I have to try to get a pilot going of this in one of our ITO classrooms.